- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1 package. Morningstar Crumbles)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (IF USING VEGGIE MEAT)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crushed cheese (OR bread crumbs) or 1⁄3 cup buttery cracker (OR bread crumbs)
- 6 ounces can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any variety you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat brown meat or veggie meat (with olive oil) and onion and peppers. Drain if using beef. Stir in oregano, Adobo, salt, black pepper, cracker crumbs, and soup. Pour into the greased pie plate. Set aside.
- Cheese Topping:.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, milk, salt, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese.
- Pour over the burger mixture, spreading cheese to cover top completely. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is set and golden.