I make this when we are in the mood for something a "little different".
Make and share this Cheeseburger Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- Cook ground beef, green pepper, and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain.
- Add 1/2 cup tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients, stirring well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients, stirring well; spoon evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce and chili sauce; serve with pie.