Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good meat pie that kids will love! Mom and Dad too!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 8 ounces old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown Beef in large pan that has been coated with Olive Oil. Add seasonings and onion. Once the meat is browned, add tomato sause and stir in Bread Crumbs.
- Beat egg, milk and seasonings. Mix with Cheese.
- Place filling in crust and spread topping evenly over the filling. Bake in pre-heated 375 F oven for 1/2 hour. Let sit for 5 min and serve.
Tasty, filling pie with puffy cheese top! Leftovers are great cold, too.
I just made this last night and it was a huge hit with my oldest son, he had 3 pieces of the "pie". Even my 3 yr old ate most of his. Great recipe, thanks so much for sharing it!