Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a recipe my grandma made, then my mom made and now I make! It can be made ahead and frozen and then just popped in the oven for a quick supper.
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Stir in the salt, oregano, tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, pepper and bread crumbs.
- Place the meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Mix together the egg, milk, salt, dry mustard, worcestershire sauce, and cheese and spread on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.