Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
I try to serve healthier meals, but my family loves it so I make this once in a while for them. It is very good - also a good freezer meal and has saved me from having to cook on those days when the last thing I want to see is the kitchen!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells, pricked
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 450*. Bake pastry shell 8 min.; remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350*.
- Cut 6 slices cheese into pieces.
- In large skillet, brown meat; pour off fat. Add tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and bouillon; cook and stir until bouillon dissolves.
- Remove from heat; stir in eggs, flour, and cheese. Turn into prepared pastry shell.
- Bake 20 to 25 minute or until hot. Arrange remaining 2 slices cheese on top. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt.