Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy two crusted pie that tastes like cheeseburger. It is packed with flavor. It is one of our favorites.
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (chopped slightly)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices mild cheddar cheese or 6 slices American cheese
- Make a two-crust pie and put in a pie plate.
- In a skillet saute the onion and cook till partially tender.
- Add the hamburg and cook till it is done; drain off fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- Separate one of the eggs and set the yolk aside; beat the remaining eggs and pour half of this over the bottom pie shell.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the shell.
- Arrange the cheese slices over this.
- Spread with remaining egg mixture.
- Put on the top crust and make slits.
- Loosely cover the edges with strips of foil to prevent edges from getting too brown.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover center of pie loosely with foil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.