Recipe by Perfect Pixie
A great one for the kids.
Top Review by wifenmompurvis
Thanks so much Perfect Pixie! I made this a couple years ago and my hubby fell in love, I couldn't find the recipe again until now. The only change I made was: I mixed the beef with 4 ounces of processed american cheese and topped the pie with 4 ounces of shredded cheddar (sharp). Also, instead of serving the ketchup and mustard on the side I mixed in right in before baking. I also browned my beef with minced garlic and onions. Served with a side salad, always a hit.
- 1 deep dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dill pickle, chopped (or more if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup pickle juice
- 1⁄3 cup nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 8 ounces American cheese, cut into pieces divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Pie crust is 9 inch.
- Also mustard and ketchup is required.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook beef and garlic powder in large skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir.
- Stir in pickles, pickle juice, evaporated milk and half of cheese.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup, if desired.