Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
for the cheeseburger lovers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, dried crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 count) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- In skillet, cook beef and onion til meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and drained mushrooms, salt, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Unroll one pkg of crescent rolls and separate into triangles.
- Place in a lightly greased 9 inch pieplate pressing edges together to form a pie shell.
- Separate one of the eggs and set yolk aside.
- Beat egg white with remaining 2 eggs.
- Pour half beaten egg over pie shell.
- Spoon meat mixture into shell.
- Arrange cheese slices on top.
- Spread with remaining beaten egg.
- Mix reserved egg yolk with water and lightly brush some over edge of pastry.
- Reserve remaining yolk mixture.
- Unroll second package of crescent rolls.
- Place 4 sections of dough together to form a 12 x 16 inch rectangle.
- Seal edges and perforations together.
- Roll out to a 12 inch square.
- Place on top of filling.
- Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits into top crust for steam to escape.
- Brush top with remaining egg yolk mixture.
- Loosely cover edge with strip of foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 350 20 minutes.
- Cover centre of pie loosely with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 mins before serving.