Top Review by montey28
Kids loved it! I wasn't too strict with the recipe. I was out of minced onions and fresh onions, so I substituted chives instead. I probably used about 1.5 to 2lbs ground beef. As people have said before, I didn't have simply a 20oz. jar of tomato sauce, so I used the 26oz. jar that I had on hand. Unlike other posters, I did not scrimp on the water or the catsup. Instead of using just 4 cups of cooked tube pasta, I used a 16oz. box of rotini noodles. I also threw in a little basil with the other spices. It turned out great!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 4 cups hot cooked and drained tube pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In dutch oven, heat oil, add onion and garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, cook and stir 8 minutes.
- Add next 7 ingredients, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes.
- Add pasta, heat through.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover and cook until cheese melts.