This soup is from Taste of Home Magazine. It's hearty enough to serve as a main course with your favorite bread or rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- crumbled cooked bacon
- 1In a soup kettle, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 4Add to soup.
- 5Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- 6In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon.
- 8Editor's Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
Serving Size: 1 (850 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.0
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 201.2 mg
- Sodium 1374.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 53.6 g