Recipe by herb princess
My home town of Wichita, KS (Peerless Princess of the Plains) has a newspaper (the Eagle) that publishes a holiday cookbook of winners of the cooking and recipe contest every year. This recipe won 1st place several years ago. This recipe lends itself to all kinds of inspiration. Have fun.
Top Review by mersaydees
This is delicious! I made it as directed, except that I added a package of frozen lima beans by mistake (please don't ask how that could happen!). Thanks, Herb Princess! Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef, drain. Melt butter, add onion and garlic, saute about 5 minute Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese. Simmer 1 hour. Add cheese and heat and stir until melted. Serve with sour cream, chopped hot peppers, green onions, black olives, cilantro, shredded cheese, more salsa, chips, tortillas or bread.