Recipe by TexasKelly
This recipe was an experiment. I didn't have a pie shell to make cheeseburger pie, so I made part of the cheeseburger pie recipe, then threw in the noodles to make up for the missing pie crust. It was very good. My husband thought it would be gross because it was just an experiment, but he actually went back for seconds.
Top Review by longhornmel
I'm usually a little afraid of cheeseburger casseroles, but this one was great. We loved the combination of ingredients and that it was spicy -- although I might add less spice next time, my poor husband!
- 1 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to the directions on the box.
- While the noodles are cooking, saute beef, onions and garlic together in a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Into meat mixture, add chopped green chilies, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well.
- Drain noodles, and in a casserole dish, mix together noodles and meat mixture.
- Mix cheese into the noodles and meat, until it has melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Goes well with a fresh green salad.