Recipe by MackinacBride
From an old issue of Taste of Home. A definite kid-pleaser (or picky husband-pleaser!)
Top Review by Mothergoose
I have made this before using cream of mushroom soup and adding frozen vegetables...peas, corn, carrots etc. and sprinkling grated cheese on top of everything. I too add onions and garlic....and sprinkle the fries with seasoning salt.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen french fries, crinkle-cut
- ketchup, to garnish
- pickle, to garnish
- mustard, to garnish
- chopped tomato, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the beef, drain.
- Stir in mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange French fries on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 55 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.