Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can enjoy the delicious taste of a cheeseburger without having to resort to fast food. These little appetizers are the perfect 'finger food' and can be frozen after baking. (cook time reflected is for two batches; add 15 minutes for each additional batch)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the beef mixture and shredded cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Really good. Go ahead and use a whole pound of meat. I had cooked a pound of ground turkey and put half of it in the recipe, but didn't know what to do with the other half. I just dumped the rest in. Next time I will either add a little more ketchup to the mix, or dollop a little on the tops. Husband said I could make these again so they must be good.
Awesome appetizer! Could have a little more kick for my liking, but when serving to guests and kids, they're perfect. If I make them just for us, I'll probably make them with salsa instead of ketchup. Thanks for a great recipe!
Mine turned out dry....geez.....I wanted to like it....followed the instructions...go figure.