Recipe by jovigirl
This is so good! No tomato sauce in this one and a great sauce to smother it in! Its a Paula Deen recipe.
Top Review by diane634
This is exceptional!! It is without a doubt the best meatloaf that I've ever eaten. I LOVE meatloaf and this is the best. My family likes it, too. I think that the Ritz crackers are the key to this-yum! The bread does really soak up the grease. Wish I'd have thought of that trick years ago! The sauce is very good, too. Actually, the last time that I served this, my husband put the bowl of sauce in front of him and proceeded to put crackers in it---he thought it was cheese soup.!!! He said that it was good that way!!! Oh brother!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, and salt mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed cracker (recommended ( Ritz)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (recommended ( Lawry's)
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- chopped onion, for the sauce (optional)
- parsley, for the sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together, except the bread slices and Sauce. Shape into a loaf. Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan with the bread slices. Place meatloaf on top. Bake loaf for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease and should be discarded after loaf is removed from oven.
- For the sauce: Heat the soup and milk over medium heat; add the cheese. Add the chopped onions and parsley to the sauce, if desired. Pour Sauce over the meatloaf or pass at the table.