Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A yummy sandwich from Taste of Home.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 8 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- In large bowl, combine the egg, tomato sauce, oats, onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°F; drain.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup; spread over meatloaf.
- Cut into eight rectangles; top each with tomatoes, cheese and bacon.
- Place on baking sheet; broil 3-4 minutes from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns.
We really enjoyed this one. It was something different for us and the flavors really went together well. Was easy to put together, will definitely make this again.
Very good, my kids loved it! My meat shrank a lot after it cooked (I didn't have oats as a filler) so I only got 6 hoagies out of it. Will definetly make again!
fabulous, and oh so perfect for a very very cold night when something comforting was wanted.