1/1 Photo of " Cheeseburger" Meatloaf for Lactose Intolerant Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe that my Father-in-Law adapted to meet the needs of my cheese loving lactose intolerant Hubby. When we had it at his parent's I thought it was made with real cheese! That is how good it is! I just winged the recipe to recreate it and it is delicious! I still can't believe that it isn't real cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup galaxy foods soy Veggie Shreds cheese (cheddar flavor)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 dash oregano
- 2 -3 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo seasoning (up to a whole tbs to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (and some extra squirts for topping)
- sea salt (I put a dash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Thaw meat in advance and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3stir in bread crumbs, sage, coriander, Adobo, oregano, pepper and salt.
- 4Use hands to mix in eggs, ketchup, soy sauce, soy cheese and red onion (mixing in one ingredient at a time and being sure not to over mix-meat should not feel sticky.) Divide mixture in half and form into 2 loaves.
- 5Place loaves side by side (not touching) in a medium sized lasagna pan.
- 6Use fingers to open the top of the loaves and sprinkle in the garlic and add 1/2 a tbs of olive oil to each loaf and squeeze closed.
- 7Close loaves with hands and top with ketchup if desired (I highly recommend that part). Cook at 350 for 1 hour.
- 8Let stand 5-10 minutes and serve warm!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Cheeseburger" Meatloaf for Lactose Intolerant Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 523.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Veggie Shreds cheese