Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup bread and butter pickles, chips, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine the ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles; mix in the onion.
- Crumble in the beef, add the cheese and mix together.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4-by-12-inch loaf.
- Bake until an instant thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degrees, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve the potatoes and place them in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pot and mash with the cream.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the mashed potatoes.
- Note: Freeze leftovers for up to a month, then reheat in 350 degrees oven.
This was so yummy. I used dill pickles instead of the B&B pickles and I think I added more cheese LOL The potatoes were super creamy. Made for 1,2,3Hit wonders. A keeper
This was really really tasty! The kids ate it up faster then I've seen them eat in a while! I used half the oil, extra lean ground beef and only had 6 1/2 ounces of cheese, but it was wonderful anyway. I made my own mashed potatoes because I find Rachael Ray makes her food high in fat. Thanks for posting this. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.