Recipe by kittycatmom
One of my familys favorites! I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes. Delicious!
Top Review by CoffeeB
Great tasting mealoaf. I doubled the amounts to make one big loaf. Also, omitted the chili sauce and used a smokey bacon grill sauce for over the top which I put on the last 10 minutes of baking along with the cheese slices. MMMmmm, this made the house smell sooo good. Made for RecipeTag in KK's forum.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (if you like onions use more)
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (more or less to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (use as much or as little as you like)
- 3 packaged cheddar cheese slices, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 -6 slices crispy bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
- If you are using bacon, place on meatloaf then arrange cheese slices in a crisscross pattern on top of meat loaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.