Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
One of my familys favorites! I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes. Delicious!
Make and share this Cheeseburger Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (if you like onions use more)
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (more or less to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (use as much or as little as you like)
- 3 packaged cheddar cheese slices, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 -6 slices crispy bacon (optional)
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
- If you are using bacon, place on meatloaf then arrange cheese slices in a crisscross pattern on top of meat loaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Great tasting mealoaf. I doubled the amounts to make one big loaf. Also, omitted the chili sauce and used a smokey bacon grill sauce for over the top which I put on the last 10 minutes of baking along with the cheese slices. MMMmmm, this made the house smell sooo good. Made for RecipeTag in KK's forum.
A nice change of pace from my regular meatloaf recipe. I used ground round, 12 ounces of chili sauce, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese instead of slices. Topped with the bacon about half way thru baking and enjoyed the smoky flavor. Since I used the leaner ground round I think a bit more seasoning would have been nice but this was a tasty meatloaf. Served Mimi Bobeck's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - the Best You've Ever Had and green beans for supper tonight. Thanks hon for another great recipe! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Recipe Tag Game.
Wow YUM! My new favorite! I put 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar right in the loaf and used 1 tsp garlic powder. Loved the chili sauce on top (I used some I picked up at a local Asian food mart). This was really ,really good, thanks for the keeper!