Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a Betty Crocker cookbook.I thought it looked quick and easy.And totally kid friendly.Two major things i look for in a recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta (6 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs (approx 32)
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked bacon (about 6 slices precooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (about 1/4 med.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, grease 2 quart baking dish.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package.
- In baking dish mix the top 6 ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minute.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and onions.
- Bake another 10-15 min until cheese is melted.
In a word, horrible. My husband kids will eat anything and after one bite we all gagged and into the trash it went. For those wondering, yes, I followed the recipe exactly.
The kids wanted meatballs for supper. My twins made this without much help from me. Left off the chopped onions because they aren't so crazy about them. Added just a little extra salt and pepper for our taste. End result: a tasty, kid-pleasing meal. Maybe a little bland for an adult palate, but the kids ruled tonight. Thanks.
My 8 year old made this for dinner tonight. It was simple enough that he could do it with some supervision, and it's amazing how something he won't eat (tomatoes) suddenly seem tastey! Both of my boys gave it a thumbs up.