Lara H's Note:
This is about as far from gourmet as you can get, but it is yummy and filling, budget friendly, and FAST. Serve with crusty bread and butter if you have it, or with el cheapo white sandwich bread and butter if you dont. I came up with it to serve my 3 1/2, & 1 1/2 daughters as well as hubby, and in-laws when I wasn't expecting to feed anyone but my girls and hadn't been to the grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I used Contadina with roasted garlic)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni & cheese (cheese packet reserved)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 lb browned ground beef (I season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic when browning)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 slices processed cheese
- 1Combine crushed tomatoes and water in pot and bring to a boil; add macaroni and stir. Meanwhile rinse frozen veggies under hot water to thaw, drain and add to pot along with ground beef; stir.
- 2In a small bowl combine milk and cheese packet stirring until there are no lumps; stir into pot.
- 3Break cheese slices into small pieces and melt on top of mixture and then stir.
- 4This will become very thick as the macaroni absorbs all the liquid, feel free to add more water for a soupier consistency (or tomato juice to avoid a watery flavor).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Macaroni for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1249.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 29.2 g