Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A kid favorite
Top Review by EppiRN
Tasty. Not as soupy as Hamburger Helper can get! My grocery was out of Cheddar Cheese Soup so used about 1/2 canful of nacho cheese dip and a little cream. Had a nice kick of flavor! Made it "full fat" but might try lighter version next time. Think it would be about the same! Thanks.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain.
- In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in beef mixture.
- Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake,uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.