Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A kid favorite
Make and share this Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain.
- In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in beef mixture.
- Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake,uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Tasty. Not as soupy as Hamburger Helper can get! My grocery was out of Cheddar Cheese Soup so used about 1/2 canful of nacho cheese dip and a little cream. Had a nice kick of flavor! Made it "full fat" but might try lighter version next time. Think it would be about the same! Thanks.
My family loved it. Did add more spices than what the original recipe called for, but just eyeballed the amount. My husband said I needed to put this on the "to make list" so I'm cooking it again tonight!
Neither The Boyfriend nor I were blown away by this recipe, but it was still pretty good. It lacked something, but I'm not quite sure what. I think it may be too creamy/soupy. At the suggestion of the other reviewers, I added more spices than what's listed in the recipe. Here's what I added: paprika (1/4 tsp), garlic salt (1/4 tsp), onion powder (1/4 tsp), nutmeg (~1/8 tsp), ground mustard (~1/8 tsp), kosher salt (1/2 tsp) and chili powder (1/4 tsp). I can't say exactly how each of those affected the taste, but they seemed to have helped. Used cheddar cheese instead of American and added more as a topping 10 minutes before it finished cooking. Will probably be making this again with more modifications. Served with French cut green beans.