Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great fast and delish dish. Great for pot luck meals and to take to a friend who is having a hard time. I give this recipe to all my friends along with a bowl of it when they have had a rough time and need a little pick up. Great comfort food,
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- brown hamburger with salt and pepper and onions, strain off fat.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions.
- cut up cheese and add to skillet with hambuger, stir in milk and butter turn off heat and cover.
- Dice green peppers add to hamburger.
- Drain macaroni add to hamburger and cheese. serve hot.
I was looking for something quick and easy for dinner that everyone would love and this was it! Thanks so much! Delish!
I added mustard, ketchup and relish to this. Nice comfort!
This meal was finished in less than 25 minutes and was a hit with the family. The only thing that I added/changed was omitted the green pepper as I did not have one and used a garlic/pepper/steakhouse grinder for the seasoning to give it a bit more oomph. Great weeknight family meal - just add some applesauce & veggie and you are set! Thanks for posting.