Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
So quick, so cheap, and SO easy...seriously.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the meat and onions till the beef is cooked and drain excess juices. Return to heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, while you are browning the meat, cook the macaroni as usual.
- Into the ground beef and onions, add your tomatoes,ketchup, rosemary, oregano and salt and pepper, if desired. Stew for around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked and drained macaroni and mix to coat all the macaroni pieces evenly. Let it stew slightly for around 8 minutes.
- If you are planning on serving it all at once, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese.
- However, when I make it for individual portions, I only top it with the cheese when someone's gonna eat it, so that they can mix it themselves. That way, if you want to refrigerate or freeze remaining portions, the cheese doesnt get gummy and disgusting.
My family liked this - even picky 4yo dd. I had to omit the onion for DH, but used canned tomatoes with onion, and got no complaints. I'll be making this again - but I think I might try chili sauce instead of ketchup for some added flavor. We also waited to do the cheese topping until we served it, which seemed to work better (then picky eater knew she got cheese on hers).
mixed cheeses would be great with this. but lovely all the same