Recipe by charlie #5
These are like individual meatloaves. Really tasty. Embarrassed to tell you when first married was making these and realized I was out of corn flakes. Thought, "I have bran flakes". BIG mistake. Don't ever substitute bran for corn flakes. My husband still likes to tell this story.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
* * * MADE FOR FALL 2008 PAC * * * These were fantastic! I love how the stewed tomatoes came out tasting so sweet in these. The recipe made 6 loaves, and I baked off 2 and froze 4. I'm going to give 2 to my mom, and save the other 2 for another meal. I amd going to add chopped onion next time, only because I like onions. I made this with my garlic mashed potatoes and had a terrific meal. Thanks for posting a great recipe.
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed to 1 C
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chop if large chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese together. Form into 6 loaves about 4" long. Place in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cut cheese slices on diagonal and top each cheeseburger loaf with 1 diagonal slice. Bake 10 minutes more.