Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are like individual meatloaves. Really tasty. Embarrassed to tell you when first married was making these and realized I was out of corn flakes. Thought, "I have bran flakes". BIG mistake. Don't ever substitute bran for corn flakes. My husband still likes to tell this story.
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed to 1 C
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chop if large chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices American cheese
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese together. Form into 6 loaves about 4" long. Place in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cut cheese slices on diagonal and top each cheeseburger loaf with 1 diagonal slice. Bake 10 minutes more.
* * * MADE FOR FALL 2008 PAC * * * These were fantastic! I love how the stewed tomatoes came out tasting so sweet in these. The recipe made 6 loaves, and I baked off 2 and froze 4. I'm going to give 2 to my mom, and save the other 2 for another meal. I amd going to add chopped onion next time, only because I like onions. I made this with my garlic mashed potatoes and had a terrific meal. Thanks for posting a great recipe.