Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very easy. No pre-cooking the noodles with this one
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375'. In a 3-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; remove from heat and drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, water and soup mix.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in the cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce in bottom of a ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles(noodles will probably not reach the ends of the dish). Top with half of cottage cheese mixture and half of remaining meat sauce.
- Repeat layers with remaining lasagna noodles, cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheeses' over top. Cover loosely with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray(sprayed side down). Or use Reynolds non-stick foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until lasagna is bubbly and noodles can be easily pierced with tip of sharp knife. Uncover dish; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese on top is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Very easy & tasty. Didn't taste too much like cheeseburgers but had a nice flavoe. Will make again.
This sounded so good, but i made a few modifications so that it would work for my vegetarian family. I substituted 1 package of vegi crumble (12 oz) for the ground beef. this also cut down on prep time as i did not need to brown it.
Easy and a great spin on the usual lasagna. I had this in the oven and went outside for a few minutes. I came back inside and my house smelled like cheeseburgers! I think it's the ketchup that really makes a difference. Plus, it uses cheddar and colby-jack rather than mozzarella. Thanx for sharing.