1/6 Photos of Cheeseburger in Paradise Cookies
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
That's right folks, the Jimmy Buffett fan in me is sharing a "Buffett-inspired" recipe to get into the "swing of things" and gear up for tailgating season. Also lots of fun for kids' snacks or barbecues. I saw this in a little shop in Estes Park, CO and tried out some things to make a "copy" when I got home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes vanilla wafers
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 (10 ounce) packages peppermint patties (anything resembling the girl scouts' "thin mints")
- 1Place whole, perfect vanilla wafers on 2 trays; one with wafers facing up, the other with wafers facing down.
- 2Each tray should have the same number of wafers (35-40).
- 3Brush wafers (rounded side up) with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 4Set aside.
- 5To color coconut, place in small container with several drops of green food coloring.
- 6shake well and let sit.
- 7To make"cheese" frosting, whip powdered sugar and milk together til smooth.
- 8add yellow and red food coloring til desired orange tint is achieved.
- 9To assemble"cheeseburgers", use dab of frosting to glue peppermint cookies into place on to wafer (flat side up).
- 10This is your"burger".
- 11Now spread frosting"cheese" on and sprinkle with green coconut"lettuce".
- 12Dab with frosting again and top with sesame wafer.
- 13Repeat until all"burgers" are made.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger in Paradise Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: