Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and good appetizer to serve before a Mexican meal like enchilada's, etc.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain, reserving meat in skillet. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low. Add remaining ingredients; cook until Velveeta is melted, stirring occasionally.
- I pour it into a oven safe bowl* and then serve in individual bowls and with tortilla chips.
- * for reheating.
I used this to top over hotdogs - makes fantastic chili-cheese dogs!
To quote my husband, he stated, with his mouth full "This stuff is really good" LOL! I thought this tasted so much like a chili-cheeseburger with chili and cheese oozing out the side! I prepared it for DH and I to snack on while we watched ACC basketball! DH said that he would want more of this soon! This recipe is so easy and so delicious! Wonderful, quick to fix, with ingredients you can easily keep on hand. If you try this, you will not be disappointed! I prepared it exactly by the recipe except my package of hamburger was a little over 1/2 lbs, so mine probably was a little thicker, but delicious!