Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
After reading several recipes for cheeseburger soup this is the variation I came up with. Very good!!
- 7 -8 cups diced potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery, diced
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Brown hamburger and onion, drain.
- Place meat, onions, carrots, celery, basil, broth and water into crock pot. Cook on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk, cheese and sour cream and cook another 2 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Thought this was very good, also added some Lipton Onion soup mix and used cream of mushroom soup instead of evap milk. I added less liquid also to make it more of a chili consistency and less like soup. Served it with some warm baguettes and the hubby and kids all liked this.
Thought this might be similar to the CB Chowder recipe from the FoodNetwork that I love to make. Only less time consuming when it came to the actual cooking. This one is more soup than chowder, and kind of bland. But the potential to 'pump up the flavor' is really good. Overall, decent recipe for putting together ahead of time so you don't have to stand over the pot for two hours!