i saw this on rr and had to save it here so i can try it. looks easy, healthy and really good. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 -2 cup beef stock (depending on how liquid-y you want it)
- 1 lb whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat broiler. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat for the pasta.
- 2Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the meat to the pan and cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add the onion and chili powder to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onion is tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the ketchup, mustard and beef stock to the pot, bring up to a bubble and simmer until slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- 4While the chili is working, salt the boiling water and drop the pasta inches Cook to al dente according to package directions then drain thoroughly and return it to the pot.
- 5Add the chili to the pot with the pasta and give everything a good toss. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with the shredded cheese. Place the casserole under the broiler to melt and brown the cheese. Serve with a simple salad alongside.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Chili Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1182.2
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 3919.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 76.1 g