1/1 Photo of Cheeseburger Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Johnski's Kitchen's Note:
This is a quick and tasty main dish that can be served as a meal for it's self or with a garden salad.
My Private Note
6-8 ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese (Diced)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 1 small bell pepper (Copped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (Minced or Crushed)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1In a large skillet or boiler pan brown the ground beef then drain.
- 2After the ground beef is browned and drained, add the the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper, garlic, seasonings and sugar. Cover and simmer on med-low heat for 45minutes to an hour stirring occasionally.
- 3During the last 15 minutes of your sauce simmering, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line your baking dish 9"x14"x3" (bottom and sides) with the canned biscuits starting with the bottom first then the sides and all touching. Press the biscuits all together to form a crust up to the top edge of your dish.
- 4Using a Soup Ladle or Coffee Cup evenly pour the sauce mixture into the center of the lined biscuits in your baking dish leaving a space of approximately one inch from the top edge of the biscuits. (Biscuits will rise during the baking period) Top sauce mixture with cubed cheese evenly. Place dish on cookie sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the edges of crust and cheese is lightly brown.
- 5Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes then serve.
- 6Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream (optional).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.5
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 1886.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: