Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy solution to ground beef. My mom made this years ago and we loved it - now my kids love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (or any large)
- 6 -8 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- Brown ground beef on stovetop with onion and bell pepper and drain off fat.
- Return meat to pan and add ketchup, tomato sauce, and ketchup. Heat just long enough to combine over low heat.
- Use appropriately-sized casserole dish and line the biscuits on their edge around the perimeter of the dish.
- In the middle, add the meat mixture, alternating a layer of meat with a layer of strips of cheese.
- When all the meat has been used, use the remaining whole slices of cheese to top the meat.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 until the biscuits are browned.
I found this recipe 5 years ago when my husband and I were first married. It was one of our first meals. It is so simple but so delicious ! It is in our family cookbook. Definitely give it a try you will love it.
I received this recipe at my bridal shower 18 years ago and it is still a favorite today.