Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is easy to do with ingredients you most likely have on hand.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3⁄4 cup pickle, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 slices tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 11x7-inch baking dish and nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook onion in skillet over medium heat, stirring often.
- Crumble in beef; cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper; cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Place bottoms of buns in dish.
- Top with beef mixture, pickles and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 15 minutes.
- If desired, top with sliced tomatoes.
- Cover with bun tops.
This is such a quick, easy and great recipe. Thanks!
This was pretty awesome. My boyfriend, who could eat cheeseburgers 7 days a week, found this recipe to try out. I can definitely see making numerous variations and additions. I too needed a 9 x 13 pan. In a house with 4 kids who are picky about everything they eat this was a big hit! Thank you so much for this great, easy recipe!
This was awesome. My hubby said to give it 16 stars...and he rarely even gives 5's! lol. It was so easy to make too. I think maybe next time I'll chop the pickles up mix them in with the beef mixture so you get some with every bite. I didn't use tomatoes just because I didn't have any. The recipe says to use a 11x7 inch baking dish, but I needed a 9X13 to hold 6 buns. Thanks for posting this great recipe!