Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Ragu, with a few slight variations on my part
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (1 lb. 10 oz. jar Ragu Robusto)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) package ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef with onion and salt over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in 1-cup pasta sauce and cheese.
- Roll or press out each biscuit to a 6-inch circle.
- Place 1/2 cup beef mixture on each dough circle; fold over and press edges to close. Seal completely by pressing firmly along edges with the tines of a fork.
- With a large spatula, gently arrange on cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 minutes ot until golden.
- Serve with remaining pasta sauce, heated.
This is a great recipe! I used Parmesan and Romano Pasta sauce and added minced garlic and seasoned salt. I also sprinkled each calzone with more shredded cheese a few minutes before they were done.
My husband LOVED these, the kids liked them and I thought they were ok. They were easy to whip up but I'm not sure they really tasted like a cheeseburger. My husband also loved that these made enough for leftovers which are kind of like homemade hot pockets. I will definately make these again but they might just be for hubby and his lunches. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for a great idea! I needed to whip something up quick for a starving husband, and well he practically inhaled them. Thanks for this quick and easy meal!!