Recipe by littleturtle
A unique Italian sandwich. Ground beef, your choice of cheese & sautéed onions baked in a pastry pocket with barbecue sauce. Just add bacon bits for a Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone.
Top Review by Jersey Strong Girl
I made this recipe but I did it using Pillsbury premade pizza dough (soo good by the way), without the bbq sauce and added mushrooms...thanks for an awesome idea!!! P.S. I LOVE recipes that are amazing as they are or that can be changed and varied by taste so definitely kudos to you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 slices American cheese or 6 slices monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend or 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown meat and onions over medium heat; drain.
- Stir in sauce, then set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, unroll crescent rolls into 4 triangles, overlapping on the long sides.
- Firmly press perforations and edges to seal, and pat to form 15x13" rectangle.
- Spread meat mixture lengthwise in a 4" wide strip down the center of dough to within 1" of ends.
- Top meat with cheese.
- Fold sides and ends of dough 1" over filling.
- Bring long ends over, crimping the edges.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.