Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dip looks delicious. I plan on making it for this year's Super Bowl. Go Steelers! Note: Ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef. Bowl dip mixture can be spooned onto the rolls for a group meal alternative. I got this recipe from a newspaper article.
- 2 loaves king's hawaiian original Hawaiian sweet bread
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 24 ounces american processed cheese, such as Velveeta
- 7 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup peeled cooked tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup hamburger, dill slices chopped
- thousand island dressing (optional)
- Carve out center core of bread within two inches of bottom and sides, keeping bread intact.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
- Cook ground beef, season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut American cheese into chunks and add to cooked beef and stir until melted.
- Add crumbled bacon and diced tomatoes, stir to mix well.
- Spoon warm mixture into carved bread bowl.
- Top with red onion and pickles, to taste.
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing, if desired.