Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom got this recipe from the back of a Bisquick box - it has been a family favorite for years. It's very easy to make, and takes only 15-20 minutes to prepare.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Generously grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in soup, vegetables and milk.
- Stir Bisquick mix and water in baking dish until moistened; spread evenly. Spread beef mixture over batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Quick and easy to put together. We really enjoyed the flavor. My husband thought it was a little dry so next time I think I will add 1/2 c milk. I didn't have any trouble with spreading the bisquick. This is a good, quick, satisfying meal. Thanks.
This was excellent! It only took me 10 minutes to prepare. I used up my open bags of veggies in the freezer to get the 1 cup mixed. I was wondering if the baking mix was to thick as you really could not spread it. So I put it on top of the meat mixture by the spoonful's. After baking it, it came out of the oven just wonderfully. The kids all loved the topping it was so tender. I will definitely be making this again. Made for the Fall PAC 2007 game
It was very hard to spread the bisquick on the greased pan but it was a filling meal. Thanks.