Recipe by Dissie
Found this recipe online and sounded pretty easy, so I tried it. My family likes it. I have made with both french fries and tator tots. It is good with both. I like to eat it with ketchup. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by CrysDanMom
Very good! I made this for some friends (took to their home) and doubled the recipe so we could have it also. They loved it and we thought it was good also. I used tater tots instead of fries. I think it needed more kick so next time I will add a bit more seasoning. I also might try your suggestion of eating it with ketchup. :o) Thanks for the good ole comfort food recipe!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen french fries or 1 (16 ounce) package tater tots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce, to taste-couple shakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburger with onions and cloves of garlic if using until no longer pink and onions and garlic are translucent.
- Drain grease. Season meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Return meat to the heat and stir in both cans of soup. Heat through until bubbly. Season with hot sauce, and cajun seasoning.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray and place meat mixture in the bottom of the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Cover the meat mixture with the frozen french fries in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the french fries are golden brown or if using tator tots until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with the cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted. (I leave until cheese starts to get brown).