Prep 20 mins
Cook 29 mins
I got this basic recipe from a friend and tweaked it a little to make it more to my families tastes. Great dish for kids.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 lb frozen french fries
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Mix in the cream of mushroom soup.
- Place meat mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with french fries.
- Top with cheddar cheese soup.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the french fries are golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
- Great served with ketchup and mustard drizzled on top.
- Note: If you family likes mushrooms and/or green peppers they are a good addition to the meat mixture.
I thought this was a wonderfull recipe! Quick and not to difficult to make. My son just loved the fries on top didn't really care for the rest.
BIG hit for our family!!! We used fiesta cheese soup (that's the only kind I had) and I spooned in about 1/2 lb of frozen green beans with the meat and soup mixture. I put the cheese soup under the fries (spicy wedges as that's what we had) like other reviewers suggested and sprinkled cheddar on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking too. Dinner was hot and ready in 20 minutes! :) Very good flavor!
This was o.k. We weren't we have to have this again. But i might play with it. It seemed the fries were under cooked or cold. Mabey crisping them ahead of time? I'm not sure. We are willing to try again and re-review. Thanks for the post!