Recipe by SLColman
I got this basic recipe from a friend and tweaked it a little to make it more to my families tastes. Great dish for kids.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 lb frozen french fries
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Mix in the cream of mushroom soup.
- Place meat mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with french fries.
- Top with cheddar cheese soup.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the french fries are golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
- Great served with ketchup and mustard drizzled on top.
- Note: If you family likes mushrooms and/or green peppers they are a good addition to the meat mixture.