Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
Put out a selection of 3 good cheeses such as an aged Cheddar, Blue cheese & Gouda. Add a selection of grapes, apple slices, dried apricots and dates and some good bread or crackers. Add these Two accompaniments along with some wine and you have a party.
- 1⁄4 cup rye whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade (Seville is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups pecans (whole)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the marmalade place the whisky in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the marmalade and simmer till melted.
- Take off the stove and add the vanilla.
- Place in a dish and keep in frig till solidified.
- To make pecans turn oven on to 325°F.
- On a sheet pan place a piece of foil or parchment paper and spray well with cooking spray.
- In a bowl add all ingredients except the pecans and mix well.
- Add the pecans and mix together well.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss gently with a fork.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes watching that they do not burn.
- When cooled break up any large pieces and place in a airtight container until ready to use.
- Best to keep these in the frig overnight to develop the flavors.