Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is posted in response to a request. I had a hard time finding it as half the school calendars in the country have it listed as a menu item but not one offered a description of the dang things.
- 32 ounces frozen bread dough
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice, including blends)
- Thaw bread dough and divide in half. Using whatever means you feel is necessary, spread dough in a 13x18 inch jelly roll pan, or any pan with low sides.
- Shred your cheese and reserve 4 ounces. Spread 12 ounces of cheese over bread dough. Roll second half of dough into a 13x18 inch square and place on top of the cheese. Press down the edges a bit to keep the top and the bottom the same size during baking.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes Sprinkle remaining 4 ounces of cheese on the top of the bread and bake another 5 minutes
- Let this cool for about 20 mins before cutting into 12 squares. Serve with soup or steamed veggies.
- Variations: add fun things to the cheese in the middle like chopped red pepper, chopped mushrooms, sliced green onion, or chopped black olives. I do NOT recommend spinach as a potential add-in since it's so water-filled. I know, I know, so are mushrooms, but not as much.