Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fluffy melt in your mouth soufflé would be a perfect dessert to impress your guests when you throw a party. Instead of heavy cream use plain yogurt. This soufflé is not too sweet, nor high in calories, yet brings satisfying flavor.
- 35 g all-purpose flour
- 170 ml milk
- 115 g plain yogurt
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur or 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 500 ml hot water
- Grease inside of ramekins with melted butter, then cover inside of ramekin with granulated sugar. This is important for your soufflé to rise evenly.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees(350F).
- Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a small pan, combine milk, plain yogurt and cream cheese warm but do not boil.
- Just before it comes to the boil turn down the heat to a low heat.
- Add flour and salt to the pan little by little. When it is mixed well, keep stirring over low heat until it thickens like a custard cream.
- Turn off the heat and add butter.
- Add egg yolks and whisk well.
- Add vanilla essence and liqueur.
- In another mixing bowl, whip egg whites and add granulated sugar little by little to form soft peaks.
- Mix 1/4 meringue completely into the mixture.
- Combine the rest of meringue folding from the underneath so that you won't crush meringue.
- Fill ramekins to about eight-tenths full.
- Place ramekins into a baking pan and fill the pan with boiled water until the water is 3cm deep.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 175 degrees.
- Serve right away! (soufflé deflates within a few minutes).