Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These are really tasty, and with the refrigeration time can be made ahead, then baked when guests arrive.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 36 green olives (pimiento stuffed)
- Place flour in medium bowl; using a pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in grated cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle with ice water and knead to form a ball.
- Divide dough into quarters; roll out each into 8x2-inch strip.
- Place 9 olives lengthwise down center of dough; fold over edges to form a roll.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap; chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut rolls into ¼-inch slices; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.