Recipe by winkki
I got this recipe from an aunt who is a gourmet cook - classy! Great before or with dinner, in a gift basket with wine and cheese, part of a brunch, maybe even a football party, lol.
Top Review by lesterbeat
This recipe worked well but I wouldn't give it rave reviews. I made mine BTW in a regular loaf pan and it was great. The flavors were too subtle to make it outstanding but for a simple dinner bread it is fine.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated (4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the flour with the yeast.
- In saucepan, heat wine, butter, sugar and salt until warm (115-120 degrees F), stirring constantly until butter almost melts.
- Add butter-wine mixture to dry mixture.
- Add eggs.
- Beat at low speed for 30 sec, scraping bowl constantly; beat 3 min at high speed.
- By hand, stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in lightly greased bowl, turning once.
- Cover and let rise until double (1-1/2 hr) Punch down, cover& let rest 10 min.
- Shape into 8" round loaf.
- Place in greased 9" pie plate; cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 40 min.
- Bake in 375 oven about 40 min, covering w/foil after first 20 min.