Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good friend of mine from college gave me this recipe. She served it when we came to her home for dinner. It makes a great side-dish for any meat dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables (uncooked)
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Blend Cheese Whiz, milk, water, and soup.
- Heat until smooth.
- Place vegetables in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle uncooked rice and onion flakes over vegetables.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- If desired, you can double the vegetables but use the same amount of other ingredients.
Very cheesy. I did not double the vegetables but think that would have worked out better. Thanks for posting.
I grew up hating cauliflower,but after eating this casserole,to quote Edger Allen Poe's The Raven "Nevermore" :).it was just so creamy cheesy good.I have had this printed of since March of last year, i wish that i had tried it sooner.i had a little trouble with the baking time, the rice wasn't done after 45 minutes,so I stirred it,replaced the cover and baked 15 more minutes and it was fine.this will be made again,thank you for posting.
Awesome casserole! I believe I would have to say this is my all time favorite casserole now. I was so thrilled the minute I tasted my first bite that I said "Honey! I love this! What do you think?" then I looked at him and he had a big SMILE and said "WOW! what a casserole!" The cheese sauce is just most EXCELLENT! I made one adjustment and that was..I added heavy whipping cream with the milk/water to give it alittle more richer flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Its a keeper! :)