1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My kids love these. If you aren't used to marmite you should make your first batch using only a thin layer of marmite and adjust future batches according to your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups luke warm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons luke warm water, plus
- 2 teaspoons luke warm water (105F/40C)
- 2 tablespoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons marmite
- 4 cups grated cheese (cheddar or combination of pizza cheeses, whatever you prefer)
- 1In measuring cup combine water, maple syrup and yeast. Stir together until yeast is dissolved. Set aside for 10-12 minutes until slightly foamy.
- 2In a large bowl combine flours and salt until well mixed. Make a well in the center and pour in the oil and the yeast mixture. Stir until all the flour in incorporated into dough ball.
- 3Knead on lightly floured surface for about 5-8 minutes or until dough is pliable and elastic. Form dough into ball and place in lightly oiled bowl, turning once to coat dough surface with oil. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4Divide dough in half. Keep one half covered while rolling the other half into a large rectangle.
- 5Spread 1-2 Tbls marmite thinly over entire surface of dough. Sprinkle liberally with cheese. About 2 cups. Roll longways into log. Cut the log into about 12 sections and place wheels cut side up on baking sheet. Bake at 180C/350F for about 15 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 6Repeat with remaining dough or cut recipe in half for only one batch.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Wheels
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 754.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: