Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup of grated cheese
- Add all the dry ingredients and sift.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ones.
- Add your melted butter.
- Now add your cheese.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and add them to the batter just before making.
- Preheat the waffle iron for 2 minutes.
- Add batter, cook and enjoy!
These are really good, but not nearly as tender as your Cheese Pancakes, Mimi. Like Junebug said, I think they would benefit from a little more milk. Normally, I prefer waffles over pancakes, but in this case, I much preferred your pancakes, not to say these weren't good too. I will make them again, but will add additional milk until I find the right consistency to get that 'fluffy' that your pancakes have become famous for in my house. Thank you for sharing this recipe Mimi!
I made these cheese waffles for lunch. Very quick and easy. They are made with ingredients most everyone probably keeps on hand. They were very tasty. I did have to add a bit more milk to mine. Thanks for the yummy recipe Mimi!
I've made these several times using differnt cheeses. So far, the best cheese for this are: American, Cheddar, and Blue Cheese. Yum!