Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or Canola)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat waffle iron.
- 2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3. Add the cheese and make sure to coat it with the flour mixture (this will help the cheese stay separated).
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter.
- 4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and whisk to combine.
- 5. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the greased waffle iron and cook 3-5 minutes.
- 6. Serve.
The dough was too thick so I added more milk. We found that it would have been better with more cheese. Or a sharp cheddar cheese. I ate them without topping. DH and DS ate them with maple syrup. Thanks Sarah :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
This is a very nice recipe. I love how the cheese crisps up where it touches the waffle iron. The texture is just a bit off for me, a bit "waxier" than the texture I love in a waffle, but otherwise, the taste is great! I drizzled some with honey and some with maple syrup. Love that sweet n savory!